AGOYIN BEANS INGREDIENTS
400g honey beans (oloyin beans)
2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
How to cook Ewa agoyin
- Remove the stones and dirt by hand picking them out of the beans.
- Wash beans in clean water.
- Pour about 4 cups of water into a pot.
- Add the cleaned oloyin beans.
- Stir well and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add sugar and sugar.
- Cook for 20 – 30 minutes or till beans becomes very soft and mushy.
- When the bean is soft enough, mash the beans with a spatula, masher or electric mixer.
- Cook for 5 more minutes
Ewa Agoyin is Ready. Now Let's cook Agoyin sauce.
AGOYIN SAUCE INGREDIENTS
8 dried bell pepper (tatashe)
A handful of dried chilli pepper (ata gbigbe)
4 medium sized onions
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Seasoning powder
Note: tomatoes are not used for this sauce.
You can also buy these ingredients from our shop here
How to make ewa agoyin stew/sauce
- Put all the dried peppers into a bowl.
- Pour hot water and cover till the peppers for 30 minutes till it softens ( you can use room temperature water if you can afford to soak the peppers overnight).
- Drain the softened pepper i.e. remove the water used to soak them
- Put the peppers into a blender
- Peel 3 medium sized onions and add it to the peppers in the blender
- Add some clean water and blend
- Add 0.25L bleached palm oil into a frying pan and heat up briefly
- Add diced onions
- Fry till is golden brown
- Pour the blended peppers into the hot oil
- Fry for 20 minutes on low heat while continuously mixing to avoid burning
- Add salt and seasoning
- Continue frying for about 10 – 15 minutes on low heat while mixing to avoid burning.
Recipe was gotten from theonlinecook.com