This easy fried plantains recipe is very quick to make. Not to mention that it is also delicious while leaving you to crave more and more. Nigerian fried egg will also be paired with this fried plantain dish to make it irresistible.
Fried Plantains Dish
Fried plantain dish is a popular food that is widely enjoyed because it is versatile and can be eaten alone or combined with other food as a side dish. The great thing about fried plantains dish is the fact that it can be combined with other food such as;
- Yam, potatoes and other tubers to make Nigerian porridge and many more.
To make fried plantains the major ingredient needed is raw plantains. Ripe plantains or unripe plantains also known as green plantains can be used for this dish depending on the taste you wish to achieve.
For better explanation, yellow ripe plantains have a naturally sweet taste while green unripe plantains are not so sweet and you may need to add some salt to it to give it a nice taste.
This recipe is about how to make a popular Nigerian fried plantains combination which most Nigerians agree that it is great for a breakfast, brunch, lunch, midday snack or even dinner. Simply put, Nigerians eat this anytime of the day.
Nigerian Scrambled Eggs
Eggs are common protein addition to many Nigerian dishes. It is mostly eaten fried or boiled. The Nigerian fried egg is similar to scrambled eggs but with more ingredients than an average scrambled eggs as well as more room to be creative in line with your budget.
Not to worry, the Nigerian scramble eggs in this recipe is cheap and easy to make. So as stated in the title of this blog post this recipe is on how to make fried plantains and eggs To make this delicious dish, the ingredients needed are listed below.
Fried plantains ingredients
- 3 Ripe plantains
- 1½ cup of vegetable oil
Nigerian scrambled eggs ingredients
- 3 eggs
- 2 table spoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium sized onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers (can be reduced or removed if you don't like spicy foods)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon seasoning powder or seasoning cube
If you would like to shop for Nigerian foods online click here
How to make fried plantains
- Peel the skin of the plantains by cutting off the top and bottom of the plantains then cut a horizontal line on the yellow peel to enable you easily remove it.
- After removing all the plantain peels, slice the plantains into a small bowl.
- Set sliced plantains aside and put your frying pan on the cooker.
- Pour 1½ cups of vegetable oil into the frying pan and allow it heat up briefly.
- Gently add the sliced plantains into the hot oil and fry on medium heat.
- Fry both side for 2 minutes and take the fried plantains out of the hot oil
- Repeat this until all the plantains have been fried
- Turn off the cooker and set the frying pan with hot oil in a safe place to avoid kitchen accidents.
- Put all fried plantains in a basked or on a kitchen paper napkin to remove excess oil.
How to make Nigerian scrambled eggs
- Blend the tomatoes, peppers and onions to a rough texture.
- Reduce the oil in the frying pan used to fry the plantains to about 2 table spoons
- Place frying pan on your cooker
- Add the blended tomatoes, onions and pepper mix
- Add salt and seasoning powder
- Mix well and allow it cook till most of the liquid dried up
- Crack eggs into a bowl
- Mix the egg white and yoke together
- Pour the eggs into the tomatoes and pepper sauce and mix well
- Fry on low heat while mixing at different intervals to achieve properly cooked scrambled eggs.
Fried plantains and eggs is ready to be enjoyed.